Soo here’s the thing, Instagram browsing will make you fat!! Yes it will.. 💔
But affraid no more my dear, it will make you happy too.. ❤️
Then, one lazy afternoon, i was just laying around on my bed, and i stumbled to the Spelt Choco Chips by @thaliaho and i was stunned!!
I have to recreate those choco chips. And since i cannot find any Spelt Flour, i used all purpose flour. And use highest quality chocolate that you can get to create the best of the chocolate chips.
So, without further ado, here’s the recipe :
- 200 g unsalted butter, cubed
- 285 g light brown sugar
- 80 g granulated sugar
- 350 g all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp. vanilla bean extract
- 225 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Flaked salt or table salt for dusting
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or microwave, do not brown the butter, just melt them
- Mix the brow sugar, granulated sugar to the melted butter, stir until incorporated and smooth
- Add the egg into the sugar and butter mixture, stir until combined and smooth. Add the vanila extract. Set aside
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda. Incorporate half of the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, using wodden spoon mix them just until combined (there will be some flour pockets remain)
- Mix the rest of the flour to the mixture until just combined. Add the chopped dark chocolate, mix until evenly incorporated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Rest the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 175 celcius
- Roll out a 2,5cm in diameter cookie dough to baking tray, give 5cm distance between each cookies.
- Baked then 8-10 minutes, rotate tray halfway trough baking to ensure they baked evenly. The cookies should be still feel moist, then it will be harden while its cooled.
- Sprinkle with salt as soon as the cookies out from the oven.